good load for 243 win

I use a 65 gr vmax over 40grs of varget,fed 210 primer,win brass.very accurate but i am still trying to fine tune it.

Last edited:
For coyotes?

I am using the Sierra 85gr HPBT with Varget, Win brass, CCI BR2 primers, and 2.60" OAL. The load will be between 37.5gr and 38.0gr ... I am still looking for the Optimal Charge Weight (OCW.) My .243 shoots other bullets very well but I have decided this will be my coyote round this year.

I have used Nosler BT and Vmax bullets in the past but just wanted to do it different this season.

Good luck and good shooting ....

For Varmints I use a 70 Gr. Blitzking on top of 41 Gr of Varget MV 3600 fps.

For Deer 87 Gr Hornady interlock on top of 42 Gr. of IMR 4350.

Both loads shoot sub .5 MOA.

Sierra 85 grain BTHP works great in three different .243's of mine, it's my favorite but have put yote's down with the 70 grain Blitzking and the 100 grain Gameking as well. I settled on the 85 grainer just because it was middle of the road and still enough to use on deer, I've had good sucess there as well.

I like the Hornady 75 grain HP over top of Varget, with a CCI large rifle primer on Federal brass. I don't remember right off hand the powder weight. My Savage will put five of them in less than an inch at 100 yards if I do it right /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Has anyone used Benchmark in there .243. I've heard the 75 gr v-maxs and benchmark can show some really good long range groups.

How about H-4350 with the 87gr vmaxes or any other bullets for that matter? Is it a decent powder? My 243 book had good numbers for it so I went with it. Would have gone with Varget but got worried about the metering issues some say they have with it.. Haven't loaded anything yet as I'm waiting patiently for the loader to show up. Have picked up the primers, 87gr vmax's and my brass is all ready and waiting.

Back