what do you guys think of tikka .

bigmike22

I am buying a tikka t3 lite in a .223 caliber. I was just wondering what the guys with experience think about them.

I have someone on another board that keeps pming me telling me i should have bought a howa. I have never really heard anything about them. Does anyone know anything about the howas? How do they compare to the tikka? I did a swarch on the internet and about the only thing i saw was wally world carried them. Just needed a little imput.

Last edited:
I have a T-3 Blued/Synthetic, with a 1:12 twist(older model,
new model has a 1:8 twist), that shoots itty bitty groups
with a 50 gr. Vmax load, with N133 powder. I very happy
with my T-3. I have a M695, in 25-06, and I like the
older Tikkas even more.

Squeeze

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif I have the T3 Varmint .223 and it performs super. It's a bit heavy to carry which I realized this past weekend. I would not hesitate about getting another Tikka.

I have always been a CZ fan but I just purchased my first Tikka T3 Hunter in 22-250 and all I can say is that the CZ does not have anything over on the Tikka. Buy the Tikka and you won't regret it!

I have several Tikkas, including a T3 Lite in .223. No complaints whatsoever. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

bigmike22,

i just bought the same gun about a week ago. love it!!!

shoots great and is lite.

my only complaint is with the supplied rings. you might want to look at buying different rings.

creek chub

I have a Tikka M595 in 17Rem and love it! It is the heavy barrel varminter model and shoots great. I love the old style clip that dosen't stick down below the stock.

Guys ...

My next rifle will be a Tikka T3 in 7mm-08. Are you guys saying that "ALL" these different calibers in all these models are really shooting great out of the box?

Bought a M595 and love it. Let a friend shoot it, and he bought a T3 a few months later when they came out.

Tikka's are great guns.

I have 2 tikkas,one is a 558 that shoots 1/4 inch groups at 100 yards awesome,my other one is a 595,both are 22-250s.I haven't worked much with the 595 but i am sure it will shoot just as well when i get to it.

I don't know if there is any difference between the t-3 and the 595 action but there is a difference in the ejection hole cut out where the shell comes out.In the t-3 it looks like they just cut a oblong whole in the reciever,in the 595 and 558 it looks like there was a little engineering in the hole that was cut out,much more apealling to the eye.

The first Tikka I ever fired took a little time to get set up, it was a T3 lite 308, and I am not sure the problems weren't more with the scope than the rifle.
I have shot a lot of Tikkas, I have owned or do own 300 mags long and short, 308, 270, many 22-250 and 223, 7mm08, 308, 30/06. I sight in most of my brothers guns. When Tom(my bro) still had his store I shot loads of guns testing for people and sighting in,(yup they knew it might not shoot the same POI for them and they bought the ammo and paid me!!!!!) lots were Tikkas. I am guessing but I would bet I have fired about 40-50 different Tikkas, (lots of others too it was great!!) with a few different scopes, many calibers, I cannot remember one that did not shoot within or very close to the magical "1 inch" rule of thumb, with factory ammo.
Now to me, that is quite a feat! I was a dyed in the wool Remington fan for many years but I got sick of buying new guns and working on them. In those days I considered Remington a step above most the other production guns.
anyway this is my limited experience.
Carl

Quote:
Is there a difference in the action between a t-3 and a 595? Only things I have seen different is the clip and the stock.

The T-3 action comes in only one action length and will accomodate all chamberings from 223 Rem to the long magnums like the 300 Win Mag.

The 595 is a short action and the 695 is the long action version of the earlier pre-T-3 Tikkas. Similar to the Rem 700 short and long actions.

-BCB

Back