Full Choke and 00 Buckshot?

Moe

I know about steel being a "NO" on being shot through a full choke.

Is 00 buckshot or other buckshots for that matter also a "NO" on being shot through a full?

Thanks for any replies.

I've shot 3 1/2 00 buck thru xxfull ported compnchoke in my browning gold automatic. same choke I use for turkey hunting. Does the job on coyotes. As far as I know it's never hurt the choke tube or gun.

It might shoot fine through the full choke, but I'd guess that you'd get a better pattern through a more open choke. Have ya patterned your guns with different choke tubes!

No problem shooting Buckshot out of a full choke, but I get better pattering with the Modified choke. OO has very few pellets. I prefere 1 buck.

Thanks for the input guys.

I didn't think it would do any damage. Just have a few "strays" I assumed.

In years past, we did extensive testing in about every facet of shotgunning you can think of. (too much time on our hands, LOL)

00 Buck will pattern better in a modified than in a full. This applies to "most" guns. Shotguns are like rifles...no two are the same. Like I've said before, poster paper is cheap. Shoot it both ways and you'll know for certain. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I much prefer #4 buck or Dead Coyote (if you can afford them) for shotgun predators. Pattern you gun/load to see what you get at the max distance you can shoot. I recommend 50 yds and in with that if your choke/load can put plenty of rounds in a kill zone of 7-inches.

Quote:
I much prefer #4 buck or Dead Coyote (if you can afford them) for shotgun predators.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I also prefer #4 buck to 00 but even so what was said about the Mod Choke is right on I like IMP also. The more open the choke the better buck will pattern usually, that is why Police/Military shotguns are many times CYL bored.

Here in the southeast we hunt with buckshot alot. They make a choke called the buckkiker. It is the stuff you buy it to match the buckshot you use. mine is matched for 00 it willhold pattern the size of a hubcap at 30 yrds.It is ported to reduce felt recoil and muzzle jump for a quiker fallow up shot.It would be the bomb for yotes

Same as ROCKEY, my 870 with extra full turkey choke,
I can put 7 pullets in the target at 55 to 60 yards.
I just shot a grey last night 3 to 4 pellets hit,
with very little fur damage.

The Buckkicker is from Kick's Ind. Chokes. I use the Kick's Gobblin' Thunder .660" with 3" .12 ga. No. Four Buckshot and it's a winner.

Back