I took friday off!!

vargy49

Had some friends come over to run hounds that live 2 hours west of me!!
They brought 3 trucks with them. Most the time i hunt by my self and having 4 trucks was very nice.
We started off sending hounds in a big weed patch. all they did was cold track and couldnt get jumped.
One of the farmers there that always lets me hunt there stoped by and said that he was having new calves and asked if we would be carful around there!!
We just got caught up and moved about 8 miles so we wouldnt have any problems!! Sent some hounds up a weedy ditch that i have run alot of yotes out of and seemed like Hunter and Marie jumped but couldnt run it very well. Tracking was real bad!!They moved it about 4 miles and Hunter bayed up.
We walked in and he had a great big coon in a hole!!
Time for the boys to see casey at his best!!!He got bit one time prety hard and backed off a little bit. Now this coon is about 2 times his size. Here he is jaw to jaw backing out!!

SIPXE-ouch.JPG

Got him out and ace and casey working him over!!
IYNNH-bigcoon.JPG

and of coarse the tail gate pic!!

VROIL-coongroup.JPG

WE moved to a big section with alot of brush. Sent afew hounds in and seemed like they were trying to run but just couldnt get things moving.
Danny seen a yote come up by him so we walked Hunter Marie and one of his pups in and they couldnt run it for being a min old track.
We ended up seeing 4 diff yotes in there but no good races. My Rhino hound bayed up across the north road so i walked in and he had killed another coon.
Seems like they bother alot of coons when they cant run a track!!
We ended up having to walk in to catch the last 3 hounds and was well after dark by the time we made the road!!

Here is a pic that i took yesterday. I think this one is cooked well done!! Man what a way to go!!

ORHAV-crispycoon.JPG

Vargy

That's one pretty big coon your dogs got. Good work.

I'd say EXTRA well done on that one. That 27.6kV makes 'em pretty toasty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

Back