need info on scopes for night hunting gun

dhtp

want to know if anyone is useing any scopes with the illuminated Reticle's and how they are working? thinking about geting a simmons 1.5 to 5 by 32mm with pro Diamond and ill. ret..

anyone have any ideas? or let me know what works for you?

I'm using a Millet 3x9 scope with illuminated reticle. I can choose between red or green illuminated crosshairs on 5 settings from bright to very dim. The very dim is perfect against the red eyes at night without washing out the eyes or creating a glare.
I keep it set on 3 or 4 and can shoot out past 100yards without difficulty while keeping a large field of view.
I wouldn't say its the best scope I own for clarity during the day but it sures shines at night.

I would love to have a Leupold 3.5x10x50 AO, but they don't make that one any more, so I guess the Leupold 4.5x14x50 AO would be my next choice for the night hunting and with the illuminate reticle.

---------
Coyote Control

I use the Luepold Vari-X III 3.5-10x50mm Illuminated Reticle on a .308 BAR for my nusiance night deer hunting and am very pleased with it. I have made 300 yard shots with it and it's a dream in daylight.

I bought the nikon monarch 3.5x10x50 ill. mil-dot reticle with red or green. Five power settings for either color. Green ill. on redlight works great. The scope has great clarity and gathers a lot of light. I would compare this scope to Leupold quality anyday.

Back