NEED HELP!

dogdropper13

ok, heres my problem..... every night my buddies and i can go and use an electronic caller and pop in the coyote locator and they ALWAYS locate back but whenever we try to *talk back* to them we always seem to lose track of them.... i mean i guess my question is, whenever u locate the coyotes (and they are usually fairly close) what do u do next to bring them in? thanks a ton

Hey dropper, When we go out callin day or night, we never worry about locating them. You are from TX so there is a very good chance that there is always a coyote or cat nearby. Just stick in the cottontail, or use a mouthcall. You should do just fine without worrying about locating.

That's good advice Sniper. I know a lot of folks like to vocalize and locate. This time of year I always try a distress call first. Even when I hear coyotes howling, I stay with the distress. If nothing comes in, then I might try to play with them a bit, but the distress usually works. In the mating season, I will challenge a lot, just because I like to see them come running in all ticked off and ready to fight. It's like seeing that big bully from junior high coming running at you to kick your butt and suddenly seeing your big brother right behind you. You can see that "oh crap" look in their eyes. Randy

dogdropper13,

this used to happen to me all the time. I started calling softer and that really seemed to help. Here is an Idea for you. Take a ballon and blow air into it, with both hands make it squeak as loud as you can moving your fingers to produce a up and down sound, see if that helps ya.

thanks guys i gotta try that.... i really thought it was all howling at night for some reason.....will cinine puppies, or coyote pup distress bring 'em in close too? or will they just surround u like the locators?

it wont let me send u an email for some reason but ill just paste what i had to say on here........ Yes sir i am from Texas im out here in Prosper (next town north of frisco, or if that doesnt help u im about 45min.-an hour north of dallas. We have loads of coyotes up here, some cats, and even hogs if u know the right place (wink wink). And trust me, me and my buds are after them everyday after school, sometimes even before. If ur close enough maybe we can get together and hunt some.
Best of luck, Ryan
P.S. I also have a deer lease in Nocona with cats EVERYWHERE as well as coyotes so if u are up there maybe we can hunt too. ttyl

Back