Sound amplification

Grandpa, I understand your point I think. If you can use a light at night, there is really no reason to even hear lol. I'm not to sure they can even use lights in Ohio? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

thats why i ask!! i don't think i would like sitting in the dark and trying to hear somthing to shoot!!lol do they have bears and lions there????? i thought dragging a yote in the dark through the snakes was brave!lol

Well since you all have been so very helpful, let me go into more detail. I want to use these muffs for everything, which includes deer hunting. I have to cover my ears because I hunt with a 44mag wheel gun and my ears ring for several days without the sound protection after that thing goes off. My hearing isn’t the best now days due to excessive shooting over the years. I cover my ears with regular muffs and I can’t hear a thing around me with these dumb things on when I am hunting! I was wondering which muffs would pick up normal sounds the best and amplify it since I have to get new muffs anyway!
Maybe none of you guys even have a clue what I am talking about!
It sure would be nice if I could just look in a consumers report for shooting sports to see which ones are the best all the way around without putting out that money to find out that there are better ones out there for the same price! CB

Chuck Buster- I just purchased a pair of Pro Ears
Dimension 1 hearing protection. I got the Sporting Clays model which has a chopped ear cup which does not contact the stock of the gun when shooting. They shut down noise at 70db, and sounds below 70db are amplified up to 8 times normal hearing. I highly recommend them for what you are specifically looking for. They work great! Each cup has it's own volume control so you get true stereo sound which does not confuse you as to which direction the sound is coming from. Have only used them at the range so far. I had been using the foam plugs and they just weren't cutting it anymore.
Here's an example. I was at the range shooting a rifle and there were two other guys there shooting. Behind us about 85yds was a guy shooting his compound bow at the Archery butts. With these Pro Ears on turned up not even half way I could hear him release his bowstring and hear the arrow hit the target. I am very impressed with these! That's with the bang bang going on too! Their not cheap but I don't have aprice on my hearing anymore. I bought the from www.midwayusa.com for $197.00. They had the best price I could find. Oh, and they come with a 5 year warranty also. I did some research before I got them and think they are the best out there. www.proears.com

Hope this helps and good luck! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chuck Buster, yes I have a clue what your talking about. I've been hunting more then 50 years and predator hunting 40 years, I only have 40% of my hearing left. When you posted, you stated you wanted to increase sound so the predators can't sneak past you at night. We tried to answer you by asking if you used lights and if you did, said critters would not be sneaking past you with the aid of a light, you said nothing about Game animals. Now I understand what your talking about and yes I think it would help you, Good Luck.

Thanks Wishbone,
That sound like just what I am looking for. 53 years of shooting has messed up my hearing because in the old day we didn't know what hearing protection was!!!

Back