Nightforce scopes

Britsh bulldog,
Hello, I can't answer for a nightforce scope but, I use a leupold 3.5x10x50 illmildot on a Tika 17rem. I can't remember a time that I have used the lighted retical with the red spot light. For me to use the illum it is very early or very late with no other light source. If I had to do it again I would save my money on the illum.
buzzsaw

Can't tell ya how it works at night because of AZ messed up policy about night hunting, but it's the cats a$$ at dawn and dusk.

BB; I have the Nightforce 8x32x56 Benchrest model. It has the np-2DD reticle. Great definition from dusk to dawn. You do not need much illumination of the reticle at night.
Being left handed the benchrest model suited my needs better. It has the instafocus ocular adjustment. It also has the variable rheostat mounted on the ocular housing to adjust to whatever illumination you need AT the time. The NXS models are simply on or off. To change the illumination intensity requires using a small screwdriver to adjust a smal rheostat located inside the battery compartment.
I do wish that the Benchrest models were available in the 3x15 power range, but such is not the case. scooter

Thank's for the replies guys,
It's really got me thinking,the only problem is these scopes are £1150 in the UK a bit much when you can get a Swarovski or Schmidt & Bender for about £850.

BB- I don't know how much shipping would be from the US to England, but the price for the NXS over here from Brunos is around $1330.00 US.

Back