Pic of PVS4 Night Vision at Night

223s

Heres a pic through my PVS4 NV I was out playing and thought I would grap a few pics The 1st one is at 9:00 PM right after it been raining with a Surefire Z3 with a turbo head on it The Barn is just shy of 300 yards(check before with Leica rf800)The 2nd is at 150 yards with the same setup both at 4 power mag.
Rifle is PreBan Oly 16" W/ Surefire Z3 w/Turbo Head and AN/PVS4
060613.jpg

060608.jpg

060612.jpg

that looks great!

where did you get yours, and how much did you hand over for it?

how'd you get the images? that thing have a video out?

I got mine from my Dogs Vet. He needed some fence built so we did some horse trading. I have seen them sell from $1400-$1000. I love mine it makes a word of differance using the red filter. For the pics I used my digital camera behind the NV. It is a little clearer in person but It shows what its like using it. This was taking with a cloud cover right after it stop raining. I try to get some when it a clear night and post them. Also last night I could see a skunk at a little under 300 yards. No problem making out the white on his back.

Jeez...
it would seem that a Gen-III would not be quite as cost effective if I can get a image like that out of the pvs-4.

If you are looking for one I would highly recomend using it with the IR light added It makes it look like you have a whole different scope.

The PVS-4 is the best Gen II scope every built, period. but keep in mind, you will not get a very good image if the sky is cloudy, no moon, no stars, etc. IR helps alot, but even on a dark night only what you shine the IR on will be viewable. The difference between Gen II and Gen III is the abilty to resolve an image on extremely dark nights. If someone can tell me how to post pictures on this forum, I can show you the significant difference on dark nights.
But the PVS-4 is my all time favorite scope. Keep in mind though, the PVS-4 is a 36lp/mm 25mm tube and the Gen III tubes are typically 64lp/mm+. Even a Gen III PVS-4 (which I have owned!) is only 45lp/mm. SNR is only about 17 on the PVS-4, and it is 25+ on the 64lp/mm Gen III!!

But IR lights help everyone!! I recommend them highly!
thanks
Jason.

Some info on those shots I posted: Bedded seer in open field are over 200yards away shot with a usnv-443 4x scope.The Pic in the back yard was shot with a 1x lens on a USNV-14 handheld unit in good urban light kind of like moon light night.Image is still great with no moon or IR looks like the 443 pic in the woods. The pic of the units are a 443 and USNV-14 both 3rd gen Omini 5 ITT carded tubes and a USNV D-300 3rd gen 64lp/mm unit.I am also just holding a digital camera behing the NV units so the image is not as clear as just looking through the scope itself.Also that is why the crossarrow may be turn or no perfectly straight on the 443 as it is perfect center and straight in the scope.Here is a cows pic at 150 yards or so shot in front of my house in the country. http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid70/pe3f0356e23a29bd9c44dd76dadbd345a/fb9f2972.jpg

With my very limited use of NV devices I have noticed that most have white out effect from the I.R. focusing in the middle. Does anyone use a difuser of some type to even out the beam?

Phantom223,
If you want to post your pictures here, there is no problem. Just hit the edit button on this post to see how I changed your url to a img. For instance-
instead of url tags.

Just in case you wanted to put the pictures here instead....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif -Mike Paul

fb9f2972.jpg

Thanks Mike, I can sometimes get the pictures to post other times I can't.I can always get them to link I guess I need some more practice.

Back