purchasing dykem

COjay

I went to grainger.com and tried to purchase dykem and it said they only sold to business's. How did you guys work around this?

They have a lot of store locations around town, I just called one up, asked if they had any, and then went by and got it...........

That doesn't help I am sure, but that is what I did. There are other places you can get it, just search the web.

Hey , places like Grainger usually only sell to customer accounts, I would think that a big name hardware store would have it, I have never had to buy any do that i use it at work all the time . I used red taillight tape on my lite u can get it at autoparts store
FAW

I went to my local Grainger store and asked if they had it. They said no but would order me a can in. It's like $7.45 a can. That was on Monday. It was in on Tuesday.

Craig

If you pay for it in advance, theyll order it. If they have it in stock theyll sell it to you right then and there.

They do sell to businesses primarily, because they dont want to special order something and have the customer not show back up to get it. Then they are stuck with shipping.
But they will work with you.

Cojay,

Check steel supply places. Any place that sells steel and other supplies for the metal trade ought to have Dykem in stock or can get it for you.

Thanks guys. I did call my local grainger and they told me I had to have a business lisc and a business check inorder to get anything. I will check around thanks for the help fellas

Alright got the dykem and the remover. Do you On the side of the bottle it says add remover first then spray the dykem over it. SHould I do as told or just put dykem on? Is that just so it comes off easier?

thanks

COjay, I just dipped a Q-Tip in and spread it on the lens. I ended up putting 2 coats on because I spread it so thin.

Back