Re: ? for embalmer

Embalmer

Yep, I have it, mounted it and shot it. But it is not fully adjusted and zerod yet. I am still breaking in the barrel so I did not spend to much time sighting her in. But so far I am impressed with it. It is very bright and damn good quality glass. The firefly reticle does not last as advertised though. It only lasts about 20-30 minutes instead of a couple of hours like stated.

But so far so good. The real test will be in 2 weeks on its maiden voyage on a night hunt. I'll post my results after that time.

thanks for the feedback. i noticed that mine seems to be loosing its charge a lot faster than they say. however when i first recieved it i took it to bed with a full charge and every time i woke up i would look thru it. it seem to hold a charge all night. only a night out in the field will really let us know how they work.i like the scope and think it will be a great night time calling scope. good luck on the first hunt of the season for you. looking forward to you're post as to how it worked for you.
Sportingly
Cracker
Sport

The scope worked better then I had expected. Here in the city you can not really tell that it is still lit up becuase the lights from the city take away from it. But out in the middle of Nevada with no moon you can see that thing almost all night long with only one to two charges.

I was planning on taking it back if the firefly reticle didnt live up to its billing. But it did, and then some so I will keep it. Besides it has a 1 year unconditional satisfaction guarantee so if I get tired of it I will send it back to Balentines and get the Ziess conquest 3-9. I am really suprised by how clear and bright it is.
It really picks up off a solid black (cant see a damn thing) background. A regular reticle disappears, but not this one. no fumbling around trying to locate it against an animal when the light hits em. It is right there bright as day. Even in red light or NO light!

Another thing I like about it is the way the reticle tapers towards the center. It seems like it will be perfect to bracket a animal on the run. Should help with running shots.
With how thick the outer portions of the reticle are they really stand out from the center cross hair. So you should be able to put the animal between the thicker parts on the move easier then a non lit reticle at night.

embalmer
thanks for the great feedback. i cant wait to get out and try it at night in the field. i think you are right as rain about the retical making it a great running game scope, might have to miss one on the first shot just to see. lol
sportingly
Cracker

Back