IP goes out for Bobcat tonight!

Iron Pony

Wish me luck. I have a friend who's mother has an exotic bird farm. Long story short, she has ducks and chickens missing on three consecutive nights and the peacocks or exotics could be next. The live trap is not working for this crafty cat.

What tape would you guys use to entice this frisky lil feline? I'll have my hunting partner and JS 512LR caller. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Play that meow mix commercial... you know the one that goes Moew moew moew moew....

Do any of you guys have any success with chicken recordings?

LOL,

I can sing that one.

If I can't find a chicken tape, I might have to do something terrible to a live chicken. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Like Ned Batie in Deliverance, squeel, squeel.

IP,

Trip wires and Claymores.

Works everytime.

187 will be training us all soon in "alternative weapons", SAW, M60, M79 Grenade launcher, M16, .308, ah the good old days!

Sucks getting old.

Steve

Did I say Red Breasted Flicker? :eek:

I meant Red Shafted Flicker.........any way, this is what happened. Long story short. We set up in his barn, did not even play the tape as we thought we would see action without the call. I'm telling you this place we were hunting is like sitting in a out door zoo, ducks, peacocks, exotic birds and funky looking chicken. About 30 minutes and here he came, right where we thought the cat would come from, I spotted him first and whispered to my hunting partner just like the white tail deer hunting videos that get on your nerves, "Kevlar, here comes the cat, it's your shot, blast the F___er". He was looking for his next meal which means he's coming straight for the barn where some of the birds roost at night. Only one thing, it's not a bobcat, its a Tom cat. I should say, was a tom cat. Three inches of magnum 12 guage feels really good in a sheet metal barn. Ka---FN----Boom! The good news was the cat did not have a collar which I would have returned to the owner had it been wearing one. This cat was responsible for two chicken, and three small ducks and was able to scale a tall chain link fence of which some is electrified. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Iron Pony - Did you sing the Meow Mix song on the way out there? Was he a good size tomcat? My rooster cases my cats around the yard.

22-250VT – I have used bird bombs to plow gophers out of their holes in my yard. They work great with a broken X-mas tree light, 15’ speaker wire, (1) 9volt battery and a starter button

I thought about the song. LOL

It was a big cat. This would explain why the larger animals were not being eaten and the trap was not working. Anyway, the land owner is happy and If a Bobcat pops up she will call me. She's an older single woman, I should have asked her to make me some milk and cookies for payment. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Milk and cookies... and your bring her gifts... You might want to think about changing you user name to "Saint Nik" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

It's gotta feel good to help out like that. I know it does for me.

Hey, 187, go over that "bird bomb" for me- my yard looks like an underground maze sometimes. I want to try that. Is that something from 22-250's "good old days"?

Back