Coated my lights with Red Layout fluid

If you have a spotlight you can't get a red cover for, go to any auto parts store. They sell tail light repair tape that will work great. One layer will do the trick. Its around 3 bucks.

hello!! usa!! like danny-b said its the carol chessman law!! he was the red light bandit!!! USED A RED LIGHT TO PULL OVER CARS AND RAPE THE GIRLS IN THE CAR!! sorry i hit the wrong key!!! not yelling!!! lol!! i use a step down for my light and another button for a dim light that won't bother the prey!!! hit the other button and you have a 12 v0lt kill light!! i knew you would remember that danny-b!!! back then redlights were a no no!! thats how all of the other lights came about!! mine does everything but drag them back to the truck!!lol!!! grandpa fudge

LoL Grandpa, I don't think these young guys know what we are talking about, but I remember. By the way, dykem is a thing of the past, we was using it 20 years ago lol. There are better things now days. Hey Grandpa, I was using red lights way back in the 60s when I first read a story about Murry and Winstom Burnham using red lights. That was a couple years ago lol. Grandpa, you got to remember we are old and can't hunt no more, we are washed up, all we have left are memories lol.

Here ya go COjay. I happened to already have this one in one of my imagestation albums. My light with the dykem, next to my lens for my backup light.

fc77510b.jpg

I personally like being able to remove the red lens from the spotlight from time to time, but I ran into a big problem while driving down bumpy roads. My red lens would sometimes pop loose from my spotlight that was attached to my high chair. I'd have to back-track and try to find the red lense cover. Luckily I never lost one, but it's the last thing I want to worry about.

I just put Dykem on my spotlight and bought another high candlepower, hand held flashlight that I can use to find downed varmints. It seems to work pretty good so far. Another plus with the Dykem is that it puts on a crystal clear coat and I think it help brighten your light a little bit. You'll still want to shine eyes with just the bottom halo of the light, but I seem to get more distance and overall clarity when I want to put the main beam on them just prior to shooting.

I guess I'll stick with this system until I find or figure out how to make a removable lens that is sprayed with Dykem.

Good luck!

Rusty

Hey cat whacker....this is Rusty Holt. I'm on Joel's computer since I've been over here all day screwing around with my new KC lights.

I bought mine at Grainger here in Midland. It's located off of I-20 between Midland and Odessa not far from Warfield truck stop.

Let me know if you need me to pick youup some. I can bring it to you in Junction if you want. You also might be able to order it off of Grainger.com.

Let me know if you need some help.

Take care,

Rusty

Rusty,
I got some of that red plexiglass.Let me know if you still need or want it and I'll get it to you.Actually the plexiglass is red plastic clipboards(almost unlimited supply).Each one should be big enough to cut out one big lens maybe two medium size lenses.They are RED and not pink like you would find in Wal-Mart.

I'm sure you could fashion a way to attach them to your KC's.Like Randy has his.(Cut out the center of a hard plastic cover and glue them inside)
That is what I plan on doing with mine as soon as my lights come in and I get them mounted.I'm not sure the lights I have on order come with a hard plastic cover.I ordered my lights from Grote Vehicle Safety Systems.(300,000 CP ea.)

Let me know and I'll send ya a couple.

Much appreciated Ray! Joel and I got my lights hooked up (it's never as easy as you plan it to be), so I think I'm just about ready to go.

Keep us posted on your progress and show us a pic of your lighting set-up whenever you get a chance.

Thanks again,

Rusty

Back