locater question

USA

I went out twice in the last week trying to locate coyotes with my foxpro. I had minimal uck the first time out and none at all the last time out. There are coyotes all over around here, but they wouldn't answer the serenade or locater. I even gave them a challenge and had no luck. I used my Foxpro and was wondering if they just don't reply at times. Maybe they don't reply as often in mid August. What has your experience been with this subject?

I have been trying to locate yotes also with a howler. I am only getting a response once in a while, but I know there are dogs running around. Maybe it's too hot for them, don't know what's going on. Hopefully, the experts can help us out.

USA, if you have lots of coyotes in your area, why bother trying to locate them, start making stands and take a few. I could understand if there was not lots of coyotes, but you said that is not a problem you have lots. Where I live I don't need to locate them either, they are all over the desert, I just start making stands. I believe many people over kill when it comes to predator hunting, it's really not to hard to do. If you have a fair population of predators in your area just go out and start calling. Thats the way I do it and it seems to work for me but maybe I'm just luckier then most. USA, what I just said is my opinion and it's not always right, I'm just trying to help is all, good luck.

Guy's,
I have said this before, so I hope that you all don't get tired of hearing it. Coyotes often approach the sound of a strange coyote in their area, and they often do so very silently. Just because they don't howl back at you does not necessarily mean that they ain't coming.

I know I could nerf them, but my intentions were to just play around with them. I probably won't start hunting until the skeeters and chiggers aren't so active. This is the psycological warfare preceeding the ambush attacks coming in a few weeks.

Careful not to Play with them too much. They could have you figured out by the time the bugs stop buggin' you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

It seems like they move when the summer gets here .During the winter there everywhere around central texas .Last night when i was working on my hunten rig a train came by and i heard some ,so maybe its fixen to change for the better .

Back