need help

rhett

I hunt south georgia, mainly cow pastures and pine forest that are fairly open. coyotes answer about 30 percent of the time but never come in. I use an electronic call with a fox pup or rabbit. grey fox come in about 75 percent and run up to within 35 yards. how can i get these coyotes to come in. I am hunting at night, from the back of my truck.

Rhett, that's a pretty broad question. There are many variables, from the wind, to the way you run the light. Go to our main page and click on the article I wrote about night hunting a while back for a magazine. There is a copy there and it might help answer a few of your questions. If not, come back here and let's try to figure out the problem. See ya'...Randy

Randy I looked for the article under member articles and could not find it. Any help in finding this article. Thank you very much for any help with this.

Randy I found your article, very informative on the lights and set-up. thanks for your help. I will start hunting again in about 2 months, and I want to be better prepared this year. I am lucky to have a large private cattle ranch as my hunting area that has a lot of bobcat, fox, and coyote on it. I will post my results as soon as I can. Thanks again, with you guys help maybe I can have a little luck this year.

Back