night lights

rhett

I am new at this predator hunting. I hunt mostly in Georgia, and have called in several gray fox. Coyote is my main goal and have not had any luck yet. Could someone give me any tips on the type of light(color of lens, candle power) I will need. Also will coyote come in with these lights.

Gotta get a red lens. The rigs that fit on top of scopes usually come with them and I use a Brinkman 1 mill CP spotlight that has a red lens you can get. I am not familiar with other spotlights. I am pretty sure my scope mounted light is made by Optonics, I think.......

Hey Rhett, welcome to the board. You do need a red lens, even then, you need to keep the light high, so that the critter is in the outer "halo" of the light. This helps to keep them from spooking. If you hunt from a vehicle, a 200,00 candle power,up to a million works fine. I have a hand held flash light(70,000cp) that works well too. Depending on what you are doing, just be sure you use a red lens. Do a search here on lights..you'll have hours of reading. See ya'...Randy

Back