approahing night stand question/ Randy

gary saurage

I was wondering, when you are approaching your night hunting spot do you have to black out your head lights? I have a 2000 model chevrolet and I can't seem to turn off my lights while driving to my stand location. Does this make any difference? Also I have a siren that I have been sounding to locate coyotes at night but so far I have'nt heard any howling back and I know the coyotes are within hearing distance, any feed back would be appreciated.

hello gary!! what i use on my rig is a switch to turn off my brake lights and a switch to turn on a single small light that is mounted low on the bumper that shines right in frount of the truck and turns on and off with the ignition ( key)!!! i have seen guys use the sirien to locate yotes but they used two rigs about a 1/4 mile apart so they can hear the yotes!!! that is what works for me !!! good luck !!! granpa fudge

I turn my lights off when I get into the field. You can press your inside dome switch 4 times and the lights will go off, until you start it again. OR you can press your parking brake down a little(with the key off) and they will go off , but the warning dinger will chime(I unhooked that). I used to lacate with a siren, but don't any more. They are pretty thick around here, so I just go ahead and call. Sometimes they won't howl back anyway. randy

Back