How far between stands?

Woodrow, I'd say it depends what kind of action you're getting and where you are hunting. If the animals are moving and you are getting alot of responce, you don't really have to move to far. Maybe a half mile, you have to play it by ear, maybe you can move only a 1/4 mile and get action? If the animals are not moving to much you have to find them. Thats when you have to move around alot, a mile or two between stands till you find the animals. It's just like fishing, maybe they won't bite at all? You have to remember, alot depends on where you are hunting, the animal populations in that area and the terrain. Thats the way I kinda do it and it works for me. Hunting the same area over and over is not a good idea. I may hit a spot a couple times a year but I have alot of places to hunt so I can do that. I'd say if a guy has to hit the same place all the time, he'd better be changing sounds alot lol. Good Hunting.

I am far from a veteran in hunting coyotes but I have had real good luck hunting on our farm. it is only 400 acres but very hilly with lots of gulleys and draws. I can hunt one gulley, skirt one hill and be in another one and have good possibilities. I do have a target rich environment during lambing and calving season, when they smell blood and afterbirth they get a little stupid.

One good technique is to hunt cattle pastures and have an idea where cows are calving and get yourself a good stand 1-200 yds away. get to know your farmer and you can learn when and where calves will be hitting the ground. He will likely think that you are a little crazy but appreciate having his investment under armed guard if even for a little while.

Back