finally came over my fear of the night, im doing this more........

I AM the foxpro

last night i overcame my fear of the night. well last night i was using the tweety and gad about 10-15 coons come in, not at once, out of 5 stands. and we had a coyote come in and i didnt se him till he was around 20 feet away, i jumped and scared him /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif but ill get him tommorow night. that was the first yote ive seen in a while. maybe you guys can give me better spotlighting and overall night hunting tactics. thanks

Congrats on the night hunt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Just remember you are the one with the GUN. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I would do a search of this BB and one on the www.
Maybe Night hunting or spotlights used at night.

Good Hunting to ya. God Bless.

hey guys, well i tried again but nothing, BUT i did see a pair of eyes and was like holy crap :eek: , i shined the light on it and spooked. i dont know what it was, it wasnt coming to the call on a dead run, kinda loping in. i wanna get a predator at night sooo bad lol. my spotlight doesnt shine red, its a lens right? ill have to get one. well see you guys later. keep the info coming!!!

You really do need a red lens. You also need to keep the light high, just keeping the incoming eyes in the outer halo of the beam. They shouldn't spook if you do that. Randy

hello guys, i went out again and got skunked, literally. it sucks. it stinks, my neighbor sed it doesnt last too long. well anyway i was walking in about 10 and i hear like a cat hissing, and he sprayed. not fun. oh well look on the bright side, it will probably make a great cover scent!! lol

What a bummer, foxpro- has it worn off yet? Since no one else wants to be around you right now anyway, you might as well take advantage of your "cover scent" and go huntin'!

Say foxpro sounds like your having fun. You can buy a cover for most spotlights, don`t have to buy another lens. In fact I have never seen a red lens in a spotlight. The snap-on covers are pretty inexspensive, about 4 $ Also if your light doesn`t have a shroud, like a Q-Beam varmint special, you can make one from an old coffee can. They really help to keep the light where you want it and not lighting you up while you are calling.

Say foxpro sounds like your having fun. You can buy a cover for most spotlights, don`t have to buy another lens. In fact I have never seen a red lens in a spotlight. The snap-on covers are pretty inexspensive, about 4 $ Also if your light doesn`t have a shroud, like a Q-Beam varmint special, you can make one from an old coffee can. They really help to keep the light where you want it and not lighting you up while you are calling.

Fox Pro,

Well maybe I'm too late, I just noticed the date on the post. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Try a bath in tomato juice( and water). No joking.

It'll cut the smell and then a regular shower.

Good Hunting and God Bless.

Foxpro,
You can get a cheap cordless rechargable spotlight at the gander mountain in dickson city for only about twenty bucks. They come with a red and orange lens cover as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

boy am i late, but the stench went away thank god, i did tomato juice, everything and it came off in a cuople daays. i looked for the spotlight and i asked the workers in gander mountain and they said they wont get them in till the fur season. well, ill order it from cabelas. thanks

Back