Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#583041 - 01/15/07 10:39 PM Re: looking for a yote dog... [Re: BRADFORDcoHUNTER]
cutch Offline
Predator Master

Loc: Erie co PA
Started dogs are not really that hard to come by, and can be bought for a reasonable cost. Vargy, on this site, would be a good place to start. Most good hound men wouldnt sell a junk dog, they will usually tell you if the dog has some concerns. They are proud of their dogs and most of us,after buying dogs,food, vet bills,etc. dont have much but their word. lol.
As for buiding your own pen, it is illegal here without permits from the Game Co.(not cheap) and then it cant legally be stocked with wild game. I hope I didnt ruffle your feathers, it wasnt my intent.if I did I appologise.
Cutch

#583042 - 01/16/07 10:28 PM Re: looking for a yote dog... [Re: cutch]
BRADFORDcoHUNTER Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Phila & Bradford county, PA
Not at all Cutch...You have much more knowledge on the subject than I do. Not ruffled a bit. I don't think I'd go that route anyways. I'm be more likely to train a decoy dog or have a good "kill dog" to follow some experienced fellow's hounds, and finish the game once the yote was ready to turn and fight for his freedom.

#583043 - 01/16/07 10:56 PM Re: looking for a yote dog... [Re: BRADFORDcoHUNTER]
yotehunter74 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: central, Pa
the problem with a dog trained to kill is that there are no laws allowing a domestic dog to catch, capture, maim or kill a wild animal... so back to square one... its easier for me because of the points above.. to buy an experienced dog and go from there... now the BIG job is talking the wife into it lol

#583044 - 01/16/07 11:32 PM Re: looking for a yote dog... [Re: yotehunter74]
BRADFORDcoHUNTER Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Phila & Bradford county, PA
It's not "trained" to kill...Killing or fighting other animals is an bred for, inherited gene in some breeds of dog.(Am Pitbull Terriers for example) It doesn't state in the PGC booklet that the dogs can only track and bay coyotes...It just says that hunting them with dogs is legal. I'd have to imagine that legality would also include mortal combat. My father's coon hounds often get a coon off the side of a tree and tangle with or kill it before he gets there...or even after he shoots one down. I don't really see what the difference would be, as long as it's combat with ONLY the legal species for which you are hunting....just my 02 cents worth.

#583045 - 01/17/07 03:20 AM Re: looking for a yote dog... [Re: BRADFORDcoHUNTER]
cutch Offline
Predator Master

Just tell your wife about all the money your gonna make off of these fine hounds you must have.
And if it works, record it, you could sell that argument for way more than the price of 10 dogs. LOL

#583046 - 01/17/07 05:18 PM Re: looking for a yote dog... [Re: cutch]
MOyotehunter_w_hounds Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: NEMO
Just do what I do... Don't ask and just bring them home. Then you can deal with it, but by then you just say, we'll its already paid for, I can't take him back now. LOL It'll work... If not you won't have to worry about it anyway, she'll be gone anyway... LOL haha! MO

#583047 - 01/17/07 06:22 PM Re: looking for a yote dog... [Re: MOyotehunter_w_hounds]
BIGDOGG Offline

My Grandpa always says "She will either live with it or die from it!"

#583048 - 01/17/07 10:57 PM Re: looking for a yote dog... [Re: BIGDOGG]
cutch Offline
Predator Master

LOL, I used to tell my wife, you'll cool off in the same shoes you got hot in.lol That heats em up pretty good. lol
But after 12 years she's stopped yippin. Just like workin with a pup, you gotta be patient.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.