Opinions on lights

slash

I'd like opinions on the best coonhunting type lights and why ? I'm thinking of buying a new one and am looking for good quality at a decent price.It will be used for mainly calling coons.I have a B.B. scope light that I like.And my regular light is a N.L. Wizard which has worked fairly well.But I'm looking for a light with more power with an amber & red lense that can be worn.Thanks for any input.

I bought a night lite this year and it seems to work very well. It is the hot light series with 6v battery. Can switch light covers fron red to amber in seconds. Only bad thing is the britness switch is on the battery not the light head. It puts out plenty of light for fox, coon, coyotes. It is light wait and clips on the belt. Have used it calling all night, and have still had good battery left. There is a on and off switch on the light head. All in all seems to be a good light. It will run about a $100.00 or so.

Go with Nightforce, I prefer the SL170, they also make an SL240, but it has the same candlepower, only a largers reflective face.

It wieghs next to nothing, and is the only light I have ever used that seems to put out as much light as it is publicized to. 1,000,000candlepower.

I have a 2,000,000 candlepower light that puts out about half as much light.

You can get a battery pack with a diode for dimming, and the light can be plkugged into it with the same cigar lighter plug as you would use from your car. If you don't want to use a cigar plug in the car, you can spaw to alligator clamps, all this is without having to cut the wires, there are little plugs on them.
You can buy an attatchment to put it on the roof of you truck, either via a hole drilled through it or a suction cup version, as well as scope mounts for it, (the SL140 is best for this)
They also have a seres of different colored covers and filters.

We do a lot of spotlighting in Australia and they are very popular.

www.nightforce.com

nothing i could do would put a link here?????
Anyhow go to www.cabelas.com and search for the mity max camo lite,these things are much brighter than you would think and i find mind indespensible,i dont go hunting without it.

Back