New Chair

I've been working on this idea a while I needed something that would go on my suburban and work in my freids trucks. This pic does not show it very well but it is a tripod stand and it wil seperate into chair, platform, 2 legs, and ladder for easy handling and setup.
fc88cda4.jpg

In the back of a truck the bottom of the chair is about 2 feet above the cab so it will do 360 pretty good. I have not yet got to feild test it but plan to tonight just here on my small place. Maybe I will have some fox pics in the morning.
fc88cda0.jpg

Nice rig. You do need to field test it because I built one like R. Watson's and every time I use it I see where I can improve some of it. Good luck, Odie

It works very well the only thing I wish I had done was offset the gun rest. I had a combo of old tent poles on this same chair before they were not real sturdy but allowed me to position the gun at an angle to line up with the light.
I could get alot more comfortable to shoot that way but I had a buddy that was unalbe to use it because he was left handed. Thanks for the input.

The only bad thing about an offset, is that it is really better to have the rifle looking right over the light. I have a few friends with offsets, don't like 'em. But if you like it, fine. You might have to build an adapter to accept lefty's. Randy

I agree the light has to be under the gun. Even with my offset the light was under the gun. My post that held the light and gunrest were positioned at about a 45 on the left side of the chair. This allowed a lot more room for a comfortable shot. With the rest right in front I find myself turning toward the right side of the chair to get a little elbow room.

OH OH I just read my earlier post and it sounded to me like I slammed Randy Watson's chair. Not so. I think that mine chair is kinda like Randy's but not as good and that is where I find things to improve on it. I hope Randy does not think I was putting down his chair. Lavoy

Nah, I've been doing this long enough to know, I designed the chair the way I like it, and everybody is not the same. I have many different people(including lefties) in my chair. The years of use has made me do a few things that works for everyone. I like it, and it is responsible for a lot of dead stuff. If I built another one, it would be just like that one. Randy

Lavoy Oates
I have to agree with Randy. I built mine like Randy's and I have no problems with it. I just lifted it up from the base of the truck bed to the top of the bed. I have hunted on Randy's chair. And I feel that its GREAT!

coyote_slayer2001
I like your set up its cool the way that you have set it up on a tri-pod.

Back