The moon's effect

David C

How do you guys find that the moon and snow cover effect the night hunt? Do you still go with the red light or not? Thanks.

Dave

Here we never get snow and just this weekend had almost a full moon...we still headed out and did really well. I also never use a red light filter...i have one that went out with me a few times and never got put on the light now it lives catching dust in the shed

I have hunted full moon alot over the years and I have done very well with or without a full moon.I think if the animal is there and is hungry it will come no matter what the weather or the moon is like.I say just get out there anyway cause you cant do any good sitting on the couch in front of the TV.I always use a red lens.Sometimes I shoot with no light,but I hunt in open areas where you can see up to 100yds with the right conditions (really bright night)only when I can see a good siluet of the animal and find my cross hairs,I never shoot blind.Keep your movement to a minimum in the moon light,act as if it is daytime.Good luck.

Back