nite hunting in Mo.

400plus

Does anyone know why we can't get them to let us nite hunt here? I'm sure its some political B/S but have never heard any reasoning. has anyone heard or know who we could ask? I ve tried the letter to the MCD but got no reply. It seems there are alot of state's that allow it I wish this was one of them
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

My son and me went to a predator-hunting clinic in Springfield a while back for something to do. I asked the game warden that very question. He said you could hunt at night with hand calls but no light. I asked him why and he said that if they let people use lights that people might think that you were out spotlighting and they didn’t want to have to check out call-ins like that. So in other words it sounded to me like it was a little easier to take away some of our rights than to have to do their job.

Is that a new law? I grew up in Windsor, MO and night hunted all the time. You were allowed to hunt at night with a mouth blown call only, no electronic calls. There was no restrictions on lights at night since you could also coon hunt at night. Have they specifically changed the law?? I have killed alot of fox and yotes at night in MO, but I moved away in 1992.

Yes it’s been that way for a while now. The only time you can take wildlife at night with a light now is if the furbearer you are pursuing is treed with the aid of a dog. I'm like you, I have taken a many of animal at night and really enjoy being out there at night I think that it is a ridiculous law. I still do a lot of coon hunting but it really cut back on my calling at night. They just are not that many nights that it is light enough to see what you are doing at night without a light.

So how about if we get some nightvision??? I bet they wouldn't let that happen either, makes no sense to me to tell us we can hunt at night but not use a lite!!! I'm not sure how many but there is alot of states that allow it,, so how do they handle it? can't be that big a deal... I'm sure they are trying to protect their $17 a head deer.. same reason they wont close buck season so we can grow some real deer and cut down the herd alittle.... oops I guess I'm rattling on! sorry
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Back