electronic calling for bobcats

Had one respond to J/S superjack,and J/S squirrel distress last year.I think just about any distress sound would work.You just have to spend a lot more time on each stand.You may want to try shorter pauses in the call sequence to keep their interest.Tom

Hey Predator Hunter,
I use a DK caller for bobcats and the most productive CD has been Johnny Stewart's Predator calling volume 3/Cottontail distress. It also works well on gray fox.

Predator Hunter,

I have had good luck with JS cottontail and an old Burnham Brothers grown cotton tale tape. They seem to respond to the higher pitched distress calls better around here. Another item I have had good luck with this year is the predator enticer decoy. It really holds there attention. I mainly hunt the cats in heavy cover and use a 31/2 12ga with winchester supreme 2 oz 4 shot turkey loads. I also start the tape at the lowest volume setting. I will usually stay on a stand for at least 30 minutes if I think I have a chance at a cat. But be prepared as I have had a couple respond in less than 10 minutes. Hope this helps and good luck!

The last time I called in a cat with an e-caller I used a Yellowhammer Woodpecker tape. High-pitched, shrill sounds seem to work pretty good.

Take care,

Rusty

So when you use the woodpecker tape or any other tape, do you let the tape run continuously or do you turn it off and on during the 30 minute wait?
Thanks, Mike

I let the tape run all the time. that keeps them interested...I will very the volume sometimes.But for the most part just try to keep the volume at a realistic level...Some times if they hang up you can turn down the volume and draw them in or turn the tape off and lip squeak them in.

Back