Hunting solo

BRUNSON

I have tryed to anwser my own questions by reading old posts and even doing searches, but have not found a specific enough anwser. I would appreciate as many ideas as possible on how to control the light and aim at the same time. I have a scope mounted light, but I am not impressed with the amount of time the battery holds a charge. I saw a vague mention of a pipe for holding Q-beams and even a modified tripod idea. Details on these ideas along with any other ideas would be appreciated.(Pictures are worth a thousand words.)Thanks in advance.

Here is the scope light I use which is advertised as an ATV light that is 300,000cp and comes with a red filter. I use this along with a 12v battery pack with rheostat from Light Force. It will last all night long easily and can be turned up and down for brightness using the rheostat. This will also control battery output that will allow you to shine the light for longer periods of time with less battery drainage.

You can get this light from Nite Lite Corp. for around $45.

fcacc633.jpg

The Lightforce rheostat pack is around $70 and can be found through Lite Force dealers. Here is a picture of the rheostat pack. The light connected to it is a Light Force Striker that is 530,000cp if you wonder.

fd2f1087.gif

Buster, thats a good looking light. Is it pretty light? And is the lens plastic or glass?

Ive seen the scope mounted, battery type but was sceptic to how long theyd last. This thing looks perfect..

That is exactly what I am looking for a light that mounts to the scope that does not run out of juice in less than five minutes. Thanks for the reply I will use this.

Do you have a web site for nite lite or where can I get some info on the lite's? I tried searching but didn't come up with anything. I kinda like the lightforce.

Sniper243-which Lightforce system do you have? I see they have a nighthunter kit but it's pretty pricey! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Tks.

Sorry I haven't gotten back to this sooner. I have been really busy lately.

Tommy Johnson....The light is SUPER light and only visably noticable in my opinion. The lens of the light is plastic and the red filter it comes with is also plastic.

The lightforce lights are a better light, but for the $45 dollars this one cost you can't beat it were as the Lightforce is up there in the price.

We have hunted with these lights all night with the runtime averaging around 8 hours on and off and the battery is still going.

I think it does make a difference if you take proper care in the charging process of the battery though. Run it all the way down before recharging it and you will so to speak give the battery a charge memory and this will allow it to run longer or from what I have found it will.

Good luck guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back