Adjusting BAR Trigger?

k9jones

Has anybody ever adjusted or know of a gunsmith that will adjust a Browning BAR's trigger, or is there an aftermarket trigger?

Timney Triggers used to do the work. I don't know if they still do. It wasn't super cheap at around $85.00, however, it was probably worth it.

GC,

Did you have to send them the whole rifle? Is the trigger group removeable? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

My BAR Stalker in 300WSM I picked up yesterday has a 5 pound trigger that is quite good with a very smooth feel but like you and many here I'm always looking to improve my rifles. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I've never used my trigger guage on my other BAR's and they both feel similar to the new one and frankly I'd never thought anything could be done with them but I'd sure like to know what my options were. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

$bob$

bob,
Regardless of the rifle, heavy trigger pull doesn't bother me one bit - BUT excess take-up, creep, and overtravel irritate the living schizzle outta me! I've never picked up a factory rifle that had a trigger I could live with, except for maybe a Kimber which isn't exactly "factory" to begin with.

If you've never experienced a well-tuned trigger, you're in for a treat. The $85 that GC mentioned sounds about right and is well worth the cost, in my opinion.

However, if you like the feel of the triggers you've got - don't fool with them.

BTW y'all, I'll give Timney a call today and find out the scoop and report back ASAP.

The BAR's can be adjusted but you have to be careful. You have to leave a little bit of takeup because it is an auto. Just polishing them up will smooth the pull.

I have three Jewell and 12 Rifle Basix Triggers. Yes... I know what a good trigger feels like Bud... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

$bob$

Bob,
You just drift out the pins in the receiver, pull out the trigger group, and send the trigger group itself. Timney used to do all sorts of triggers like that, the Remington 7400 and 7600 rifles, 1100 and 870 shotguns, ect.

Back