New Tikka T3 Camo Stainless range report

CV32

Got a new Tikka T3 Camo Stainless just prior to Christmas, and topped it with a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 scope. I have a couple of other Tikkas so I expected this one to shoot pretty good. First trip out to the range was today. Here's a pic of a group with the 55 gr Sierra Game King and 36 gr IMR4064. Also fired the 55 gr Rem Power-Lokt (same powder load) and 45 gr Win JHP (white box) factory loads quite well. The 45 gr UMC JHP was a little less consistent but still not bad. Should improve as the barrel breaks in.

IMG_0557-1.jpg

22-250_55SGK_061226.jpg

Aint it wonderful!! No tinkering, no messing around, the guns just shoot!!
I just got rid of a REmington VSFS to get another Tikka, lost $350.00, gained a much better gun.
Carl

Last edited:
Shrink wrap it and cover it with foam cause it dont get no better!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Im so glad to here about a shooter that did not cost an extra $800.00 to dial in. Plus it is with out a doubt, one perty look'n piece. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Now go get em!

Dave

Quote:
That's an exceptional start. I've decided my next rifle will be a T3 stainless in 7mm-08. Did you even adjust your trigger?

No adjustments. (I doubt I will even bother). Straight out of the box.

I have a Tikka T3 lite stainless 270WSM and love it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif.
I am buying a 22-250 and debatting on getting a CZ 550 american or another tikka
Z.House

Quote:
How much was it? I gotta have me one of those. Is that a heavy barrel?

The rifle retails for about C$930, but I am sure you can probably pick it up cheaper in the USA. Its not a heavy barrel (I was looking for a carry gun). The normal magazine that comes with this rifle holds three rounds, but I have the one from the Varmint version, which holds 5 rounds.

Nice! I never owned or shot a tikka, but I hear some pretty good stuff about them, although Personally, I don't care for plastic parts. I have not bought a new Remington 700 in years, and it seems many are down on the quality of the 700 these days. Hard to believe, as every one I ever had was a great shooter. My 700 LVS in 22-250 was a serious tack driver.
It actually got boring to shoot, and I was always seeking smaller targets to hit. We settled on shooting spent 22LR casings that we pushed in to the cardboard like thumb tacks. Once that got boring, I took up shooting flies off the target... of course, the fact I had a 24 power scope helps a lot.

Back