An Inconvenient Truth

White Eagle

A global warning you guys seen it ? If not its a must see. This will get your attention /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Let's see now...Al Gore has claimed he invented the internet, in reality he didn't have anything to do with it, he claimed the book "Love Story" was written about him and Tipper, but the author of the book (who knows AlGore) said that Gore hadn't even met Tipper when he wrote the book, and there has been a string of the most outrageous lies coming from Gore...and you believe him on global warming? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Besides the fact that Gore has ZERO credibility, there is little scientific basis for the junk movie that he is promoting, perhaps you should get a second opinion from a better informed source:
The Real 'Inconvenient Truth'

Its is a documentary on the effects that the human population is haveing on the climate of the earth.Now I can't say in your part of the world but here where I live we have had the warmest December on record...Coincedece I think not....There were also better informed sorces that said that cigerette smoking did not cause lung cancer.Find a copy of this documentory and make up your own mind. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Before we jump into a veracity contest, please take time to read "State of Fear" by Michael Crichton. It is very illuminating and will allay a lot of concerns and allow an individual to reduce stress in the long run.

Much of past and current publicity on potential problems is based more on an effort to control a specific population than on scientific fact.

A documentary by definition is a presentation of the truth, "An Inconvenient Truth" is more a work of fiction than anything else.

A few years ago Gore claimed it was the warmest year on record in the United States in the last 10,000 years, the thermometer hadn't been invented till a couple of hundred years ago, previous to that there was no accurate way to measure temperature, and specifically which American Indian tribe had kept those records and what precision instrument did they use to measure them with?

The fact is that accurate temperature records only go back about 100 years, but even within the last hundred years there have been many years much warmer than the recent years, 1936 was the hottest year on record in the last century.

Al Gore dribble. There are as many facts to dispute Als claims as he says there are to support them. Blah Blah Blah. Not even gonna try to argue it. Your right, 'Oh save us Al' Maintain

Here's some real "inconvenient truth" White Eagle, based on science, not flawed computer modeling whose predictions haven't yet come close to being accurate, not even once. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Quote:
Now I can't say in your part of the world but here where I live we have had the warmest December on record...Coincedece I think not

Then I guess this must "prove" the theory of global cooling? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif Note the previous record lows in '71 and '78.

Record Low Temps Seen in Parts of U.S.
Dec 07, 2006 5:55 PM US/Eastern

Bitterly cold air poured southward across the nation's midsection Wednesday, dropping temperatures to record lows from Montana to Illinois.

The mercury dived to a record 45 below at West Yellowstone, Mont., the frequently cold spot at the west entrance to Yellowstone National Park, the National Weather Service said. The old record for Dec. 7 was 39 below, set in 1927.... Lubbock...a record low 6 above zero... Hohnholz Ranch, 50 miles northwest of Fort Collins, at 37 below zero... Elsewhere Wednesday, the weather service said record lows for the date included 28 below zero at Drummond, Mont., where the date's previous record was 21 below in 1971; 26 below at Seeley Lake, Mont.; 25 below at Laramie, Wyo., tying a 1978 reading; 17 below at Alliance, Neb.; 19 below at Cedar Rapids, Iowa; and 3 below at Lincoln, Ill.

Quote:
Before we jump into a veracity contest, please take time to read "State of Fear" by Michael Crichton. It is very illuminating and will allay a lot of concerns and allow an individual to reduce stress in the long run.

Much of past and current publicity on potential problems is based more on an effort to control a specific population than on scientific fact.

Oldturtle nailed it down. These "crises" are for nothing more than control of the masses. We are just in a cycle and it is no big deal. What is a big deal is the tyranny that awaits us because the masses believe the propaganda put out by the media. IMO, it is very sad.

Climatologist will tell you that we are still comming out of the last ice age. Are thing getting warmer? Yes, but not nearly to the degree the alarmist are claiming. And, there is no reason to believe end is near or that man is killing the planet.

I have not seen any proposed solutions to the problem, should it exist.

I, for one, have no intention of living in a cave and cooking my dinner over a campfire.

Quote:
I have not seen any proposed solutions to the problem, should it exist.

I, for one, have no intention of living in a cave and cooking my dinner over a campfire.

If these people have their way you will not be allowed to have a campfire.

Jack

The problem as I see it has less to do with who relays the message but that the message gets relayed... The solutions are quite simple and no it doesn't have to change your entire way of life

Quote:
The problem as I see it has less to do with who relays the message but that the message gets relayed... The solutions are quite simple and no it doesn't have to change your entire way of life

The hitch is that "the message" is made up of distortion and outright lies.

For the science challenged, here is a short article that illustrates the problem.

The Guide to global warming

Back