LIGHT & BATTERY SIZE!

sro140

Hello fellow callers, Iam in the market for a new light to call with and could use some help on deciding on the candle power and battery size. I do most of my calling from ground blinds but would like to try some from the vehicle also. Do I need two different lights? 12 volts for the truck and 6 volt to pack with me? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Hey there sro. My advise to you is take a nap 'cause tonight we're going to wack'em and stack'em. Little brother is the light man and you are the shoot man. What happened last week?? I light'em but you no shoot'em!!!! he-he-he Tonights the night. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I use a 12v Q-beam in 200,000 cp. While calling from the vehicle, I use a trolling motor battery or have a hotwire clamped to the truck battery. When I go afoot, I use a 12v 7amp/hour rechargeable battery in a fanny pack. With a couple of clamps and an adapter, I just plug in the same light. Works like a champ and the 200,000cp light doesn't draw the battery like the 400k's and million cp lights, so the little batteries last a lot longer. I've tried the lights with rechargeable batteries in them. They're just too danged heavy and don't last long enough.

Back