LSI light question

d2admin

Administrator
i called cabelas yesterday and went to order a light for my scope [optronics] and they were out. so i ordered a LSI instead. could i get some of you guys who have a LSI to tell me i did good by buying one. thanks.

randy

If your talking about the LSI handheld spotlight, change the switch to a heavy-duty toggle switch right off the bat. I tore into mine two weeks ago ( after purchasing it from Cabela's) and noticed it was pretty rinky-dinky. The light cover instead of glass is plastic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif . But other than that its a decent light. Whats other than that though?

If your talking about a scope mounted light, disredard the above statement, because Ive had no dealings with the scope-mounted style.

I've got the LSI scope lite setup.I thought the way the red lense fit in was sort of hoaky,but it really has worked out ok.Attaching the battery to the stock got to be a real pain plus made it hard to get the gun up to shoot.So I added a piece of electric cord on so I could put the battery in my back pocket.The cord now runs up my back and comes out by my neck.Also watch out for the clamp that attaches lite to the scope.If yours is a two piece afair like mine it can easily twist and fall of when your caseing up the gun.About lost mine several times.I took a fishing leader and attached it to my scope then attached scope clamp to tha leader.My clamp also required an allen wrench to tighten clamp.Since I work in a tool shop I made a knob and got away from the allen wrench.Although I,ve made some modifications I like this setup.Been around the optronis lite and it has it,s short comeings to.

I've been using the same LSI light (250,000 cp) for the last 7 years. Replaced the battery a few times, but it's been a very good and trustworthy light.

Back