need help in northern new york

rhino hunter

need helpful hints in locating coyotes. i'm fairly new to the sport.some other questions i have are like how long should i call in one spot and how far should you move between calling locations. any info will be appreciated.thanks in advanced---rhino hunter.

Hey there, rhino hunter. First of all, welcome to Predator Masters. Looks like you didn't get too much response to your questions. You might check out "hunting in the East" for some answers. I can't help you a lot as it is much different hunting them here than your situation. Keep asking though. This is really a pretty friendly and helpful bunch of people for the most part. There is also a board about hunting in the "Great White North" which might be helpful as I think Massena is pretty close to the Canadian border isn't it?

Welcome rino...do a search and you will get a lot of info. The call sequence varies, if you are after coyotes, you should call for 15 to 20 minutes, shining the light the whole time, move on about 1/4 to 1/2 mile, depending on the wind and the terrain, then call some more. You need to shine the light the whole time you are calling. Randy

Back