CZ 527 Bolt Confusion ?

BuckeyeDogger

Santa got here a few days early and I hoped to zero my brand spankin' new CZ tomorrow but there's something I just cannot figure out regarding installing the bolt, and the directions are less than clear.

For some reason when I first attempted to install the bolt, as I was rotating/sliding the bolt into the receiver the bolt handle fell off the bolt and onto the floor. I can re-install the handle back into the slot and onto the firing pin/spring assembly, but the bolt refuses to "line up" correctly and slide all the way in. ALso, the firing pin is protruding through the face of the bolt, so it seems something has to retract that and "cok" the bolt, right ?

In the manual it describes rotating the bolt retainer 90 degrees in order to remove the bolt handle and then the firing pin and spring can be removed but I've fiddled with this so long that I'm not sure anymore which end is up.

Sorry if my description/nomenclature is off, I've only been a CZ owner for 4 hours !

Thanks a bunch for any and all suggestions.

Last edited:
That is a good one as I have never had or ever seen this happen before. I would call the CZ folks at the factory and let them talk you through this. Or, it may need to be sent back to be checked out by CZ.

With the bolt body pointing forward the extractor will be to your right. Slide the firing pin assembly into the rear of the bolt with the gas baffle pointed to the right. Then with the bolt handle pointed right, drop it into the bolt body. Nexted hold the bolt body tightly in your left hand and twist the rear of the firing pin assembly clockwise to recock it. Then align the extractor with the right front bolt lug. Then install bolt into rifle and go hunting.

Thanks 1 Shot !

I just wasn't pulling back on the rear of the firing pin assembly hard enough I guess.

I'm on the way to the range to see what this little beauty can do.

I'll report back later with the results.

Back