Light usage ?

tootalloutdoors

I've called at night a lot of years ago (packing in a 12v. battery ect.)Because of the weight factor we didn't get far from the truck, but we made it a point to get out of sight of it. We would call, wait a couple of minutes, then scan with the light for about 30 sec. It seemed that the coyotes were down right stupid at night, with a red light. My question is, it seems most of you keep the light on, and alot of you call from your truck. I knew they lost alot of their wariness at night, but I didn't think they were that stupid. If the light isn't in there eyes how are they going to miss two big ol' goons sitting in the back of a truck in the middle of a snow covered field?? I completely believe every one of your stories, I just want to know if I'm missing something between the lines here. :eek: :eek:

Welcome to the board. You did hit the nail on the head, when you mentioned the light being on them. On a moon lit (or snow lit) night , it is very important to keep the light on them. They only see the red glow, and not the truck. Take it off of them, and you are busted. Go read the night calling article on the main page, and that might clear up some questions...thanks, and again, welcome to the board...Randy

Back