Is Darker Better?

uncleb

What do you think is the best time of the moon phase to capitalize when calling at night? Is it better to call when the moon is full or when it is dark as can be? I have had successful outings with both.

I have my best success with a clear star-lit night with up to a half moon. A slight breeze is also a plus because you defiantly know which way your sent is blowing. On the front or backside of any weather is as good as it is during the day. Calling is a funny thing. I have had some pretty big days and nights when the conditions were not the “supposed” optimum. My best advice would be to hunt when you can and work with what ya got.

Good hunting.

Q,

The darkness helps to cover you from sight.You must be very careful when running the light, if you take it off the animal, they can see you much better under a full moon. Randy

Hey thanks for the info fellas! Hunting at night sure can be a lot of fun! Let me ask you this do you generally keep the light on all of the time and just keep making sweeps with the red light on it. I have been using a spotlight without any cover on it and just turning it on periodically but from what I am hearing you definitely need a red lens.

Back