remington model 722 257 roberts?

je4bowhuntin

hi,
I recently came across this little gun and had to have it. it is in almost mint condition and shoots great! the question i have is does anyone have any info on where i can order/buy some factory/replica swivel studs for it? it is the only thing missing and i dont want to driil new holes in the stock.

thanks, jle

I had an old hunting buddy that had one and swore by it. His dad and brother also had them, but in 270. They would never part with them and never saw a need to buy something newer.

used to have an old 222 - you can prretty well expect just what you would get out of a remmy 700 - basically its the same rifle. the little 222 became my sons favorite PD blaster

I have one in 222,257 Roberts, and 300 Savage. The ONLY other caliber the 722 was made in was 244 Rem., 4 calibers EVER produced. The 721 was the long action that is talked about in an above reply. That gem will do you fine je4, I took a bear with mine back a while and it was a one shot deal.

Quote:
I have one in 222,257 Roberts, and 300 Savage. The ONLY other caliber the 722 was made in was 244 Rem., 4 calibers EVER produced. The 721 was the long action that is talked about in an above reply. That gem will do you fine je4, I took a bear with mine back a while and it was a one shot deal.

You might want to check my Rem 722 is a 222REM MAG.

I would really like to own a .257 Roberts in either a Rem model 722 or a Pre-64 model 70. If you ever decide to sell the one you have, please let me know? The Rem model 722 was also made in .222mag, .243Win, and in .308Win. I have seen a few 722's with what looked like factory swivel studs in the ADL model, but I think that they were not actually standard. However, the 722BDL's came from the factory with swivel studs. The BDL's also had factory checkering. Which model do you have?

jager, mine has no checkering but the hole where the swivel studs go is like none i have ever seen. they are large and there is some kind of metal bushing the studs screw into. I wish i could find a set so the gun would be complete.

I should have a set laying around somewhere, if I can find them they are yours. I may not get to look much this weekend (company coming) but hang in there and I'll find them.

PS I'm looking for a 722 factory barreled action for my retro varminter project, I would prefer a .222 Mag. but I will take any other caliber. If anybody has one they would part with.

Bob

Back