Anyone in colorado

Gaudi

Anyone in colorado want to go hunting, I am in vail for the next week, have an e caller, rifle shotgun, camo, truck everything, would be willing to drive a ways to meet whoever. thanks

ohhhh could be good if we get the snow they are calling for.

IF I'm lucky, I may get out for one stand Sat AM before the family gets to town.

Hey you are on the refuge too.... i think I spoke to you a few years back when you guys were going to manitoba and I went a few weeks latter... with cupped wings

Heck, we're neighbors almost. I'm in Avon. Just moved here in August so I don't know much about predators here. Actually I don't know a lot about predators anywhere. I wish I could help out, but I'm spoken for throughout the weekend.

I could maybe recommend an area or two that I was considering trying when I get a chance. Not sure about the road conditions, but I'm sure you can park and walk all you want. You would need maps to show public and private boundaries.

What are you in Vail for? Skiing? I've found that everything revolves around skiing here.

PS........anyone in CO right now is gettin some serious snow. Sitiing here at work and everybody is goin home but me. City must be shut down.

If the snow keeps coming, along with the wind, I won't be going any where, for days! Once this storm breaks, you can bet the calling will be good, if ya can get any where to go calling!

Our office has shut down tomorrow.
Is it worth going out if it is still snowing, or am I better to wait and go Friday when the storm breaks?

It looks like to me that it will be at the earlist Friday. Getting out on the main roads/highways is one thing, but how long it takes for all the country roads to get opened is another!

Yea I'm skiing here... the snow is coming down pretty hard right now, I bet it will be awesome when it breaks.... I am leaving for texas on the 25th then coming back to denver on the 28th and then I am driving back to texas on the 28th, so If someone wants to meet up then, I would be up for it, anywhere in colorado, western oklahoma, or pretty much anywhere in west or north texas.....

Yep, I think you are right. I 76, I 25, I 70 are all closed. I have talked to some land owners today and they all said that there isn't anything moving out in the country.

Hmmmm what to do.... what to do.... all my brass has been reloaded, guns are clean, watched my predator hunting videos again today.........

Gaudi, how much snow do you have in Vail?

Plenty of snow here (out East...). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Got the snow camo ready.

I'm planning to go out (if the wind lets up) in the morning (since I live in the "sticks"). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gifI've always said, "When I want something FROM the Big City, I'll GO TO the Big City..."

Three or four decent places for the occasional single stand, all within 5-10 minutes of home. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Also some other places that are a bit further out. Several pretty nice options within 25 minutes. TONS if I've got all day to do the drivin'...

I think you guys (in the Cities) have it pegged though... It's gonna be a couple of days before you'll have a decent opportunity to get out of town. Then, it's gonna be GREAT! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm on vacation, and have the whole family comin' out over the weekend and for Christmas (YeeHaw!). Still, that won't stop me from gettin' out early in the mornin' to try a couple of stands... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I'm (basically) in the La Junta area... (for those who are thinkin' about comin' this way...) When my "vacation" is over, then I mostly go in the mornings (work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif in the afternoon/evenings).

Hunt Safe!

70Tactical

Hey TR Glad to see you are still around. Looks like the eastern side of the state really got dumped on. This side got some snow but nothing like that.

Guy

TR, they don't plow those gravel roads out there, do they? I think it's time to fire up that snowmobile! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Back