Upgrade remote on FX3 to FX5?

Rotaxpower

I find my FX3 remote is some times tempermental. The mute button doesnt work sometimes, and sometimes the volume doesnt work right. For example when I just start a stand, I will set my caller out 50 yrds or so. I will select my sound, then push volume up. Nothing will happen, so I think I hit the mute button by accident. So I push the mute button, and then turn up the volume, and nadda thing. So I will hit the mute button again, and it comes on full blast. Great way to start a stand... It is very aggravating...

So I was hopeing the new remote would fix my problems. I dont need the extra sound capibilities, just the remote. Can u do it?

I think you have to upgrade the whole thing, since with the TX200 remote (new remote), you have to upload the soundlist from the caller. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think you need to go with the full FX5 setup.

I wouldn't discourage you from getting the FX5 upgrade, the FX5 is the best thing since sliced bread IMHO (especially the remote).

HOWEVER, it sounds like you might have something wrong with your FX3 remote, and FoxPro will fix it no problem. Give them a call.

My fx3 does the same thing, but normally only when it's placed directly on the ground. I usually try to put it in a piece of sagebruch or a clump or grass just to elevate it a few inches. This seems to help.

The FX5 upgrade with the TX200 remote will show the command that is being sent. Even if it's having trouble getting through you know what's going to happen when you hold it right and it does. There's no use in pumping that volume up to 40 trying to get what started at 10 to increase. Cause when it does get there it'll be 40 and possibly ruin the stand. Keep the volume down and try to resolve the problem by holding the remote upright, then away from large metal objects (the gun) ect... Placing the caller in line of sight, and a few inches off the ground if the ground is wet, usually keeps things running smooth for me. I keep my remote attached upright to my shooting sticks with velcro when on a stand. It's worked great so far,easy to find and don't have to pick it up ect... The last time I got agrivated with it not responding was becouse I had left both speaker switches off while playing with it (testing remote responces) while the queen was still in bed. I did find out that if you are calling and mute the call, then change the sound that the # wont change until you unmute it. Thought my remote wasn't working from 2 feet for a few seconds.
GAJoe

Thanks guys. whats the upgrade cost?

Maybe I will have to phone FOXPRO on the remote prob. Hopefully its not too big of a deal, and can get fixed right away.

Last edited:
Oh one more question.
Is the new remote like the old one, were after a short period of not being in use it shuts off? Or is there a on/off switch for it so it can be on all the time?

I have recently purchased a FX5 . The features on the remote are very good . Unfortunatly, Iam having problems.
Range effectiveness is currently limitted to under 15 yards setting caller on top of a 5ft bail. other times Ihave had to have it sitting within 3ft to work . I allways have my hand calls with me as most times the caller doesn t work.
I'm dissapointed to say the least.

Snowdrift,
Get in touch with Foxpro, they'll make it right.

Rotaxpower,
If you leave the remote power switch on, it will automatically go off after 2hrs. A must have for me.

GAJoe

I think it's the end result of the volume resetting to zero each time you shut off the caller. It's a pain to get it readjusted each time you start a new stand because you can't hear it. This is the only thing I don't like about my FX3. I now unmute it then bring up the volume to where I can barely hear it then I mute it again before I set it in the field. Now I know that when I unmute it all I need to do is press the volume up button and it will work. I also have range issues with my FX3. If I set it on the ground over 50 yards away I will have to hold the remote above my head to get it to work. If I hang it in a tree or something it's fine. My 416B with TX5 LR remote was the same way.

Good huntng y'all.. Coyote 6974

Back