Montana Laws

Keith

Any Information would be helpful, new guy looking for anyone who might know what the laws are in Montana for spotlighting (coyote,fox,ect.) F&G seems to be undecided, Please help. Thanks Keith

Just stopped in at Montana FW&P today in Billings, Montana. Coyotes can be spotlighted because they are classified as a predator.

Bent Barrel I`ll be just out side of Billings in Columbus area on the 18 of December. Any ideas where I may have a chance getting any critters. All the land seems to be darn near private. Going to see if I can get up to Horsemans flats, Do you think there is too much snow up there? Or is there any at all? I just got a used 223 model 7 that the inlaw found in a pawn shop down there. Any ideas would be appreciated thanks.

AlaskanCritter I have a couple of ideas. Head south towards Wyoming and there is BLM. Otherwise if I get time I could take you to a spot. I have in-laws in town on the 18th I believe but let me know if you will be around on the 19th.

Thanks for the reply Bent Barrel. My inlaw is checking on land to hunt also. We hunts deer on other peoples land so I think I`ll have places to hunt also. You are more than welcome to hunt with me also. Are there alot of coyotes in the Stillwater area? I`ll see how much snow is on Horsemans Flats when I get to MT.If you got family coming in don`t worry about me, I know how busy someone can be with family during the holidays.

Oh AlaskanCritter they are "thick" up here, ask anyone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I have had moderate success. I have been at this a few years but wouldn't claim to be a pro. Seems like you ask someone about a new area and its always the same reply "they are just thick around here". Then you call it and it's 50/50 odds one comes in when all along you have been counting on having to club the last few that show up. I am always up for coyote hunting. Is it safe to post my e-mail address here? Let me know.

I think it is save to post your e-mail and i have before. Mine is nancyn2boons@gci.net My inlaw knows the Gov. Predator Trapper in the area and he says he keep the yotes pretty clean down there. I hope there is enough down there to shoot. Just got a 223 down there and was hoping to get some fur. Who tan`s your hides down there? I see a taxidermist sign from I-90 in Laurel. Asked the inlaw to check around there to get my hides tanned.

Back