question about call shy coyotes

I need some help here guys I work for a local telephone coop so I get to meet plenty of people. I talked to a guy last week that has 2300 acres about 10 miles from me; after talking to him a little while he told me that out of 42 nannie goats he has 8 kids left due to coyotes. He also said he has had plenty of teenagers and locals go in and call with rabbit tapes and such. He said they did see them several times but missed them. My theory is that these yotes will be very hard to call but I seen a tape I could order of a baby kid goat distress. Has anyone used this tape how well did it work? Any input would be apreciated I sure would like to help the guy out he says the gov't trapper in the area is more concerned with the girls in the cafe than his problems. I also would like to know if I should call with a light on or not since they are used to seeing them; I was thinking I might could leave it off then turn it on with it shining in the air then come down and halo them. Checking frequently of course.
Thanks in advance and sorry so long!

------------------
Don't miss!

[This message has been edited by coyote_slayer2001 (edited 02-27-2002).]

[This message has been edited by coyote_slayer2001 (edited 03-09-2002).]

that sounds like it cou;ld work. Im into call shy yotes so im getitng that and the pig ones and the distressed kitten. I hope they havent heard these.

------------------
have fun and shoot straight
brad

Back