Is.........?

hoytstar

Is wearing all camo as imporant when you hunt at night? I went out coyote hunting at night for the first time last night. I walked right out into the middle of a cornfield and turned on my spotlight and there was just a coyote standing there watching me. I moved to get my gun up and he just stood there. OF COURSE i shot and missed. LOL. But i was jw if camo was all that important at night when i walked withing about 125 yards of this one. What do you think.
ryan

Camo to me is not that important at night, but then again I wouldn`t wear white either unless hunting in snow. I usually try to wear something dark because you are moving around more at night shining lights, turning hunting chairs and any kind of light colors may be noticed from a distance.

------------------
Take a few coyotes and a High Chair and woman that can run an AR15 and you have it all!!!!

David Neff

I wear camo at night but that's just because the warmest stuff I have is camo. I don't think it matters what you wear as long as it's dark colored.

Later,
Justin

------------------
My pics
My web page

Let me ask this question, do you feel that they can see better than we can at night? Isn't that why their eyes reflect light and ours don't? Maybe someone was just feedin' me a line of bull pucky. I do know if ya wear solid black, you will stand out a little.
Where I live, we don't get shots over 80 to a 100 yds at night though. the terain just doesn't allow it. Plus it doesn't help that the state won't let us use anything otherthan 22 rim fire at night while using artificial light. Needless to say, they're kinda ontop of us. So yes I wear camo at night.
Scent control is probably more important for me and my kind of huntin.
Just my $.02 worth.

[This message has been edited by Muleskinner2 (edited 02-24-2002).]

Back