First Night Coyote

Texas Hunter

I finally got my fist coyote at night. I seen him in a wheat field about 8:30 at about 80 yds. By the time I got my sights on him he was turned away. At 100 yds he looked back at me long enough for his eyes to glow and me to see him through my scope, and that was all it took. When we got to where I thought I hit him and could not find him with the spotlight, I got on the hood and started scanning way out in the field to see if he ran. Just as I was about to give up, I looked three feet in front of the truck and there he was on the other side of the fence. I will post pic in Gallery maybe as soon as tomorrow. Sorry for the long text, but I am really excited about my first coyote.
P.S. Randy I finally got it right at night! Ha Ha.

WOO HOOOOOO Texas Hunter. Ain't it fun? Sometimes they are really hard to find at night. Lot of difference in shooting at night to isn't it? I have looked for some that I couldn't find at night and marked the spot. Come back at daylight and had my marker within 3 feet of where they were laying.HEHE and they weren't on the other side of no fence either.lol...... Good luck and congrats......James L.

------------------
yotewalk.gif

Never underestimate the power of stupid people!

Good deal, TH! Now go shoot one in thigh-high bluestem at about 200 yards and try to find it. It's a pain,sometimes. You really have to mark them good.

Back