Your fav. Spot.

hoytstar

What type of setup do you all like to use at night. Like say do you set up on fields mostly or stick to the timber. Do you sit in the middle of fields or along the edges. I have never tried night hunting but i would really like to go. Thanks all.
ryan
and help will be appreciated

I call a lot of open fields with timbered and brushy edges. If I can get into the field, I try to keep 50-100 yards of open space between me and the brushline. That way, I'm not too surprised by responding animals.
If I have to call along turnrows or the brushline, I especially watch the downwind side and scan the open field really quick going back and forth 180 degrees from brushline to brushline. I tend to concentrate on the brushline on either side but mainly on the downwind side. Clear as mud?

I am from central texas and we have quite a few hills around here; when possible my best coyote calling has been done by getting 100 yards into a clearing. I like to get in a clearing at the bottom of the hills that have really thick cover on them; also when calling towards the hill when bobcats or coyotes crouch behind the grass and look away you can still see thier bodies sometimes because they are higher than the grass in front of them!

sorry about the long comment

------------------
Don't miss!

Back