MARK-V SUPER PREDATOR MASTER IN 22-250??

Popapi

Guys this rifle(SUPER PREDATOR MASTER IN 22-250) is discontinued by Weatherby I found one new for 1080.00 plus sh I was just wondering is this a good deal and if someone knew about this rifle as to how it may perform, is it free floated and bedded from Weatherby or just knew ANYTHING about it if so could you please chime in... Thanks in advance.
OlePapi,

Quote:
I did not want to reply but since nobody else has I will.

There are lots of better rifles out there for less money.

Jack

\
Ok Jack what's out there that's light between 6 and 7lbs with a 24" barrel.............o yeah thanks for chiming in I appreciate that.
OlePapi,

Quote:

Jack

lets see, buy a donor rifle, remmy, or winchester, sell off stock and barrel this should mean you are about $270 or so in the action,

rebarrel said action, lap lugs, professionally install a real krieger barrel in the contour of YOUR choice, $500

HS precision stock, $300
or a mickey bedded and fitted to your new barreled action, $500,

so now you have a custom rifle, with a premium tube, with the barrel contour of your choice, in the weight you choose for $1070 or add $200 bucks if you have to have the mcmillian stock, either way you have a better rifle, and one of your choosing, kinda makes buying a weatherby or sako anything a little stupid IMO,

Quote:

Jack

Very true. One very such rifle is the WBY Vanguard.... more accurate than the Mk V's for a lot less $. Or what Steve said is always a good thing....2MG

Or you could just get one of these and be done with it.....

100_0171.jpg

This one has been known to shoot sub 1/2" groups at 200yds.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

I agree with Jack, he's only saying it's an issue of money.

The Weatherby should be a lovely rifle with a strong action, and the 22-250 is one of the most accurate and widely used rounds ever. Coyotes and P-dogs can't tell the difference. I've got a Weatherby and I don't plan on selling it, but are there other good or better rifles for less money? Probably. And then again you can spend more for a rifle too. Heck the Bushy-Varmint I'd like costs $300 more. Go for it, if it's want you want.

If paying more for less is your thing, go ahead. The sub-moa vanguards look a lot alike, and are more accurate. Actually any vanguard is likely to be more accurate, the sub-moas just look nicer.......2MG

2Much...I have three Finn lites set up exactly the same as yours!!! Awesome rifles...Just added a Sako 75 22-250 to the arsenal...WIth that said, I don't mind the Weatherby Mark V's however, like said above, I am not so sure you aren't getting just as accurate or eve more accurate gun in the Vangaurd series, especially the Sub-MOA's for 1/2 the price...I did have a Custom gun built on the Mark V action and it is a tack driver.

100_0177.jpg

The Finnlights are most impressive indeed. Only factory rifle that hasn't given me a reason to modify it.

As far as the Weatherbys go, I'm quite sure the vanguards are a better deal for the money, and more inherently accurate also. Simply put, 2 lugs trump 9.....2MG

I personally don't like the mk 5 action, too many lugs to much to go wrong, however I do like the vangard action a lot, its one of the best push fed action designs IMO

Guys sorry I have not replied to any of the post just got back in from a BIG bow hunt down in south Oklahoma I just want to say thank you all for the responce I WHOLEHEARTEDLY appreciate that, just trying to get started on my first varmint/predator rifle with it having a 24" tube and being lightweight I thought this was a good deal and see it's not so that's why I asked and glad I did...... Thank you all again!!!
Marcus,

Back