huntn the thick n nasty

furface

This time of year I generaly hunt the west side of the cascade mountains. The terrain is steep, and very brushy. 20 to 30 yard shots are long shots. Most are point blank.
I normally pick up and go home when it gets dark. Is night hunting/calling very effective in this type of terrain? Got any suggestions?
Comments?

------------------
PETA-People for the Eating of Tasty Animals

Well, that would make me paranoid in your neck of the woods. Night hunting the thick stuff means a shotgun, so what do you do when a large cat shows up?

You Shoot them...
smile.gif

------------------

http://predatormasters.com/varmint_masters.html

I got a couger in 94 lipsqueeking. I shot it at about 10-15 yards with a scoped 30.06. I was sure wishing I had a shotgun in my hand at the time. There was three of them, 125 pound female with two 95 pound kittens. I had spotted them from about a half mile off, and went in after them. I spooked them first and tried chasing after them. That wernt working so I sat down and started lipsqueeking. I got one of the kittens. It had circled around behind me. It was legal, no spots. That type of hunting sure gets your blood going. i have been trying to repeat that ever since. That cat sure is pretty hanging on the wall, and it was the best tasting meat you will ever have.

------------------
PETA-People for the Eating of Tasty Animals

Back