new at calling

dshale

just got home had to tell someone about my night setup on a ditch in middle of 2plowed fields 1/4 mile from a thick 2 acre woods that is full of rabbits & started calling 10min with my rabbit in distress then 10min on my fox&cottontail
20min later I saw a flash in the light I had to look twice yup it was a fox . I had to remember not to shine the light in his eyes thanks to all of you he came in about 70yrds then turned I gave a squeak on my hand thanks again he came in to 60yrd but no closer #4turkey xxfull did'nt do it he gave a squeal and left in a hurry but I had a BLAST thank's to all

I have had problems with using turkey shot also. I posted a topic in the predator hunting forum and got some really useful information on shot sizes, shot types, choke differences etc.. I would definitely recommend going to that topic and reading all the information these guys gave before going back out with those turkey shots. The topic was titled "Using shotguns for Predators" and was posted fairly recently. I have not wounded a coyote since a few weeks ago which was the last time I used the Turkey shells.

Good Luck!!!

Back