Ahhhh Relief....

Tommy Johnson

After missing 5 coyotes the week before last and a bobcat last weekend, I had to go out tonight and kill something. Me and Randy C. went out to the gun range to sight in our guns this evening, and I was shooting 4" groups. I got home and was so frustrated, I had to go hunting.

First stand I called I used the CH-1, then went to the mini-blaster. Nothin.. So I gave a challenge howl and here came one off a hillside straight for me. I quite callin as soon as I seen him and started lip squeeken. He stopped at about 60 yrds and met my 50 gr Winchester varmint special (22-250). Ahhhhh. That one coyote just relieved alot of stress.
smile.gif

Got him home and no film. D$%nit I said. Oh well, found a whole rat that fell out the exit.

Sorry no pics this time. Rnady W. That kitty pic was a darn good motivater.
biggrin.gif

Good job, Tommy. You don't help my paranoia, though. I'm always afraid that my rifle isn't zeroed in or that I've knocked my scope off center. I think I'm going to go shoot tomorrow after work before I head out to do some hunting Saturday morning.....just to be sure.

Glad to hear that the challenge howl brought in the coyote. Did you hit him with a frontal shot? There's nothing like a good frontal shot on a big 'yote. I don't mind lung shots....but there's something about the way the coyotes crumple from a frontal shot that makes me smile.
smile.gif

Take care and be safe,

Rusty

Rusty he was standing broadside tryin to wind me. You know how they stop once then walk real fast away from you? I lucked out and he stopped twice, right as he ws fixin to bolt, thump!! I love that sound!!!

Take care.

Back