Awsome weekend hunt

GREYHAWK

I had three friends from out of town last weekend and we hunted Sat. night and Sunday night here in Nevada. All three of the guys hunt and call daytime but this was thier first night calling experience. First stand Sat. night brought in a kit fox. We passed on it and the second stand brought a pair of coyotes. One died from lead poisoning at 90 yards and the other was missed at 250 yards when we barked him to a stop. After a few dry stands we called in 2 greys and took one.next stand brought another grey that we took. several stand later we had four greys come in and took two.as we were driving we spotted eyes so i shut the truck down and got on my peewee call and hit the red light. The bobcat wanted to go home with us and made a dead run for the truck. I yelled him to a stop at 80 yards and he took it in the chest. Hit a few more stands and called it a night . Sunday night i traveled 180 miles from vegas and we called all night. One stand brought in kit foxes and we took three of them. For some reason i had no luck with the coyotes this night and wonder if it has something to do with the breeding. In this area i usally do great on coyotes and cats. Later that night i called in four cats in three stands. Two of them came in real hot and i had to stop them to shoot them. The other two came in togeather and we missed a shot on one of them. We also called in several more kits that night but passed them up waiting for coyotes or cats. Two of the cats we got that night went 40+ inches. Now if i can catch up on my sleep im ready to go again lol. All three of my friends had an awsome time and i think are hooked on night hunting now.
SHOOT STRAIT

You need to make another trip down my way guy. I meant to ask you at the show. What calls are you using? Take care, talk to you later.

------------------
"Vegetarian" is an old Indian word for "lousy hunter"

Back