Night Goggles Inc

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Topic Options
#56737 - 02/08/02 10:59 AM Q-BEAM...DONT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THERMOLOK Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: CHESTERFIELD, VIRGINIA USA
I tried not (1) but (2) Q-beam magnum max 500,000cp and both wall chargers caught on FIRE. I called Brinkman and they were totally ignorant to it and refused to believe me. I called nite lite, where I got them and they FINALLY admitted that the chargers they sent me with the lights were, get this.......WIRED BACKWARDS! I almost burnt my building down. I am not happy with brinkman ...they tried nothing and didn't want to believe me. BE CAREFULL!!
Anyone know of a good light I can get for the field...not a truck light...something that has a good burntime that i can use away from the truck?

#56738 - 02/09/02 01:28 PM Re: Q-BEAM...DONT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
richie Offline
Predator Master

Loc: Glen,NH USA
Hey Thermo, I took the cheap way out. Went to Wally World and bought a 5ook cp spotlite that is rechargeable. Now I am sure that the burn life is not "SUPERB" but for 14.96 each, get 2 or 3 and have one charging all the time. I sprayed mine with red Dykem and they work great!!! The lights are cordless and light weight for their size. Found them in the automotive section.

------------------
SAVE a deer, SHOOT a coyote

#56739 - 02/12/02 04:25 PM Re: Q-BEAM...DONT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ireljames Offline
Predator Master

Loc: kankakee illinois
thermo, i did the same thing as richie. i bought two, one for the house one in the garage. you always have a light if you need it at home and i bring them both to the stand so you can burn for twice as long. good luck!jim

#56740 - 02/13/02 08:31 PM Re: Q-BEAM...DONT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THUMPER Offline

Loc: Snyder,tx,79549
Thermo, if you are using an electronic game caller,then cabelas sells a spotlight that plugs into your caller and I have used mine well over an hour continously without any dimming. You can also get a red lense with it. I use mine to locate downed critters and to hunt away from truck. HOPE THIS HELPS!!

------------------
KEEP'M IN THE CROSSHAIRS!!

#56741 - 02/14/02 04:10 PM Re: Q-BEAM...DONT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
coyote_slayer2001 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Star,Texas USA
I read a lot of the comments on these forums and I have what is probably a dumb question but I will ask it anyway. What is this Dykem that i keep reading is it a spray on red coating or someting; if so where do I get it and how much.

#56742 - 02/14/02 05:30 PM Re: Q-BEAM...DONT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
songdogger Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Mineral Wells, TX
It's a toolmaker's die or metalworker's layout fluid. I think it cost about 7$ a can. I got mine from Grainger, but some other folks have ordered it from NAPA. It's good stuff. If you decide to get it, get a can of remover too(4$?). It's also handy to have a white light if you're hunting wide open spaces for target ID.

#56743 - 02/19/02 03:43 PM Re: Q-BEAM...DONT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
coyote_slayer2001 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Star,Texas USA
Thanks for the info and the advice songdogger. I will get some and try it out.

------------------
Don't miss!

Moderator:  SkyPup 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.