Q-BEAM...DONT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THERMOLOK

I tried not (1) but (2) Q-beam magnum max 500,000cp and both wall chargers caught on FIRE. I called Brinkman and they were totally ignorant to it and refused to believe me. I called nite lite, where I got them and they FINALLY admitted that the chargers they sent me with the lights were, get this.......WIRED BACKWARDS! I almost burnt my building down. I am not happy with brinkman ...they tried nothing and didn't want to believe me. BE CAREFULL!!
Anyone know of a good light I can get for the field...not a truck light...something that has a good burntime that i can use away from the truck?

Hey Thermo, I took the cheap way out. Went to Wally World and bought a 5ook cp spotlite that is rechargeable. Now I am sure that the burn life is not "SUPERB" but for 14.96 each, get 2 or 3 and have one charging all the time. I sprayed mine with red Dykem and they work great!!! The lights are cordless and light weight for their size. Found them in the automotive section.

------------------
SAVE a deer, SHOOT a coyote

thermo, i did the same thing as richie. i bought two, one for the house one in the garage. you always have a light if you need it at home and i bring them both to the stand so you can burn for twice as long. good luck!jim

Thermo, if you are using an electronic game caller,then cabelas sells a spotlight that plugs into your caller and I have used mine well over an hour continously without any dimming. You can also get a red lense with it. I use mine to locate downed critters and to hunt away from truck. HOPE THIS HELPS!!

------------------
KEEP'M IN THE CROSSHAIRS!!

I read a lot of the comments on these forums and I have what is probably a dumb question but I will ask it anyway. What is this Dykem that i keep reading is it a spray on red coating or someting; if so where do I get it and how much.

It's a toolmaker's die or metalworker's layout fluid. I think it cost about 7$ a can. I got mine from Grainger, but some other folks have ordered it from NAPA. It's good stuff. If you decide to get it, get a can of remover too(4$?). It's also handy to have a white light if you're hunting wide open spaces for target ID.

Back